The Hotel Park Consul Esslingen is preparing for future challenges
We see ourselves as an innovative and progressive service provider who takes responsibility for its actions. Therefore, sustainability and value creation are essential goals for the company. We want to be a partner and role model for our employees, suppliers, the regional economy and the environment in order to be successful together.
Nowadays, when resources are becoming increasingly scarce and sustainability is an unstoppable issue, it is also a matter of great concern for the Hotel Park Consul to be one of the first private hotel operators to be professionally sustainable. We are therefore taking part in the CSR certification project for the hotel industry with KATE and TourCert.
You will find the new inventory and the improvement program in our sustainability report.
CSR activities: The Hotel Park Consul Esslingen takes responsibility in the five CSR pillars, ecology, employees, guests, society and procurement and has took the following measures:
- Digitization of archiving
- Reduction of water consumption by installing aerators
- Participation in Earth Hour
- The kitchen is increasingly using products from ecological cultivation: pork and beef exclusively from the EU
slaughterhouse in Göppingen
- Bread / rolls exclusively from our regional bakery on site
- Changeover of the complete range of beverages in 2017; Change to the regional company afri cola
- Since our hotel has only been supplied by Kessler Sekt (Sekt directly from Esslingen)
- Particularly favorable employee rates for overnight stays in the sister hotels
- Annual employee parties
- Staff catering
- Large range of internal training courses
- Participation in sporting events like the “Esslinger Zeitung run society”
- Education partnership with various training centers and schools
- Support of the Hospiz Haus Esslingen
- Funding of the Agapedia Foundation: Agapedia is the foundation founded by Jürgen Klinsmann in 1995 that sets up projects to support needy and needy children.
Now certified for more sustainability and ecology in tourism.